Thursday, December 9, 2010

December 1 - One Word

Yes I know that it is December 9th but as part of Reverb 10 I will do a post from each day starting with December 1st. 

The Prompt for December 1st is One Word.



Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

One Word, huh?  My one word for December would be...HARD. 

2010 has been a hard year.  From the very beginning of the year I had hope that it would be a good year.  I rang in 2010 snuggled up with my little girl by my side and just *knew* it was going to be a good year.  Apparently I was wrong. 

From my mom's concussion, to losing my job 3 days after I turned 32, to my dad having health issues that turned into a brain tumor that turned in to brain surgery that turned into brain cancer and an infection that ultimately killed him. 

We had plans.  Plans for the future.  Plans for the present.  Plans.  We didn't know that last Christmas was our last Christmas with my Daddy.  We didn't know that our little family being snowed in last year with Daddy reading the Christmas story from the Bible and singing Silent Night with candles would be our last Christmas memories of him.  Us all wearing our matching jammies (even him!) on Christmas morning. 

It's hard to know that this year will be so...different.  Everything is.

2010 - it was HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment