Thursday, December 30, 2010

We Made It

It wasn't "normal." It wasn't necessarily "Merry."  But we made it.  We made it through Christmas.  It was hard, but not as hard as I had built it up to be in my mind.  It helped that we did something completely different from every other year and traveled to see family.  Usually we would just go to my Mama and Daddy's house.  We did do that on the 23rd and that was probably the hardest day.

We opened our gifts that night so we didn't have to pack those too.  No one would sit in my Daddy's chair.  Except for little Nono.  Nono has always been called "Little D" due to the fact that he looks and acts (and has a temper like) my Daddy.  Nono sat in that chair like it was his and it made my heart smile.  Somehow anyone else sitting in that chair would have made it that much harder. 

The kids had fun.  The adults made it through and that's what matters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment