Saturday, July 31, 2010

Just for fun...

I'm having a pretty good day today. Of course no motivation to do anything other than play on the computer and play with my kitties but tonight? Tonight I get to see Selah!! (Just FYI if you click to go to their site a song starts playing immediately - I don't want anyone to be startled!).

I "discovered" Selah about 9 months ago. Gigi and I went to a concert and the rest is history. She loves 'em, I love 'em and I'm going to see them tonight! Gigi is still with her Daddy so I am going alone and I don't think I will tell her that I'm going - she will be super jealous.

Selah is a Christian group with powerful voices and songs with very powerful lyrics. Their songs are on constant repeat on my iPod and as a bonus it's okay to listen to with Gigi around! After the whole "Mommy my favorite song EVER is that Summer one." FYI - "that summer one" is Kid Rock All American Summer. Nothing like listening to your four year old talk about "sipping whispey (whiskey) off the bottle." So now we listen to more appropriate things in the car. Her favorite Selah songs are Esengo, Yesu Azali Awa, and I Will Carry You. The story for the last song can be found on Angie Smith's blog called Bring The Rain. Angie is Todd Smith's wife (he is lead singer of Selah) and they lost their little girl Audrey about two years ago. I found Angie's blog, started listening to Selah because of that and the rest is history!

If anyone could send up some extra prayers for my city it would be appreciated. We got A LOT of rain on Friday night and there are many basements flooded and some sewer backups. I was out and about earlier and took some pictures with my phone - I'll try to get them uploaded later. The river is HUGELY swollen and I personally know some friends that have water in their basement. I didn't get much which is a blessing!

(I figured out how to do embedded links in my posts - can you tell? LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment