Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Unexpected Mail :)

I had a card sized envelope that I received in the mail.  It was addressed to *me* from the address of Buttercup, Gigi's BFF that moved away.  Strange I thought. 

I opened it up and found a lovely sympathy card with a simple note to let me know that they are still thinking about and praying for us.  I so appreciate that!


Enclosed in the card was a silver heart in a little plastic bag and a card that said:

The Reunion Heart

Since Heaven has become your home
I sometimes feel I'm so alone
and though we now are far apart
you hold a big piece of my heart

I never knew how much I'd grieve
when it was time for you to leave,
or just how much my heart would ache
from that one fragment you would take.

God lets this tender hole remain
reminding me we'll meet again,
and one day all the pain will cease
when He restores this missing piece.

He'll turn to joy my every tear
with thoughts of you I hold so dear,
and they'll become my special way
to treasure our Reunion Day

(The Reunion Heart was designeed as a symbol of God's promise of a reunion in heaven where there will be no more tears)

It just fit onto the chain that I wear daily with my cross so now it looks like this

 (the back reads: God will wipe away your tears)

Thank you so much A family for this awesome surprise in my mailbox today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gigi and I had a very tough conversation tonight.  She knows that Papa donated his body and it's at the medical school right now so that the students can learn about his cancer.  So she asked me, "Mama?  What if they find something in Papa that can make him be alive again?"

*sigh* How do you explain to a 5 year old that isn't going to happen?  I explained the story of the Waterbugs and Dragonflies again and that Papa couldn't come back to earth.  She was sad that she would never see him again.

I am sad too.  On Thursday, I start as an intern/volunteer helping with public relations for the South Dakota chapter of the American Cancer Society.  It will be a few hours a week to keep my mind busy and to actually use my brain again.  I'm excited.  And the first person I wanted to call?  My Daddy.  He would be excited for me too.  I know he is actually.  I just wish I had a direct line to Heaven so I could talk to him and he could talk back.  This one sided conversation stuff is not cutting it :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello from all of us!! I am so glad you like the Reunion Heart. When I saw it, I knew immediately that you must have it!!!
    Buttercup needs to call G one of these days. We miss G's smiling face around our house....and her creativity, and her wittyness and her one-liners....I could go on!! :)
    We won't probably come back until Christmas....we'll see, though.
    As always, you are in our prayers...
    Sara

    ReplyDelete