Friday, October 1, 2010

Counting my blessings...

It's been a tough week all around for me.  But...and it's a big one...I need to count my blessings.  I have a lot of them and hopefully this will help me remember them.  Maybe every Friday I'll start counting 10 blessings or something.  Hmmm...need a catchy title for that.

1. God - without faith, I would not be here.  Seriously.  It's the only thing that gets me through some days

2. Gigi - I mean really.  How could I live without that little girl?  The one who when she's driving me sort of crazy I say, "Could you just chill for a minute?" and she answers, "I left all my chills at home" with a shrug.  Thank you for making me laugh every single day Gigi.  I love you.  I am grateful that I am able to share my life with her and that she is mine.  I can't think of a cooler kiddo around.

3. My Mama - even when I do things that make her mad, or she makes me mad.  I am grateful for her unconditional love - even when I don't deserve it.

4.  My Daddy - I am grateful for 32 years with him.  I have to remember the good times and not just dwell in the fact that I miss him.

5. K - ahhhh...my seester.  I am grateful to her for doing things and making me laugh.  Like call me to tell me that she clipped her kitty's toenails.  That made me giggle and I needed it.

6. Lulu - my one and only niece - but a pretty cool one at that.  I am thankful for her because she is just a great person.  Not just a great teenager or great kid - but a great person.

7. Mo - he has spent a lot of time with my Mama this week and so I've seen him more than usual.  I am thankful to him for pointing things out that I would never have ever noticed in a million years.  Everywhere we go he finds Mustangs, Corvettes and other assorted cars.  I also know waaaay more about Transformers than I ever thought I would.

8. Nono - my 4 year old nephew.  His belly laugh makes me smile whenever I see him.  I am grateful for him because of that belly laugh and because he reminds me so much of my dad.  His looks, his attitude...his temper.  There is a reason his nickname is "Little D"

9. Owie - little Owie...the baby at 3.  This kid has dimples that would melt the Grinch's heart.  He can do anything and flash those dimples and it's magically okay - or at least funny enough that we forget to get mad at him.  I am grateful that he makes me laugh.

10. Steering off the sentimental path...I am grateful for my DVR.  Seriously.  I would marry it if I could.  I am grateful for the technology that allows me to watch my favorite shows when *I* want to and grateful that we can record shows for Gigi so she has something to watch while she is winding down for bed.

So...my first 10 things for gratitude Friday (again...need a different name!).  Feel free to share what YOU are grateful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment